Thursday, January 19, 2012

Home stretch

So I'm actually rounding the homestretch of finishing the first manuscript in the series. It feels pretty good that I have been able to jump back on the train, sit next to a muse and pin it there until I am finished.

I have decided to break the rules and start my revisions and editing before I have even finished the ending. I happened upon doing this quite by accident I assure you. Because of such a hiatus, I decided to read from the beginning to re immerse myself back in Ophelia and Julian's lives. The familiar love and protectiveness I felt for them before came rushing back with no prompt. What I did find in their wakethough, was a series of small plot holes that given time, would have quickly unravelled my story.

I took the time to isolate each one I found and stitch them back up. During the process, I surprised myself by finding areas that needed expansion and some areas that I considered obsolete. It was a neat process to start from almost scratch and still end up pretty much on the same course.

In the end, I am 2/3 the way through my already 68,000 word manuscript and figure that it will easily hit 75,000 by the time I have finished revisions and adding my ending. I have to say, I am sincerely proud of how the story has unfolded and the chemistry between the characters is so intense that even I am trying to find an excuse for them to hook up!

I guess we will have to see what happens.....will she be able to keep Shadowgate closed? Will she do it at the expense of the one man she has come to find she cant live without? Will her destiny allow for any freedom for happiness?

Guess we will have to see what she chooses! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment