Sunday, February 6, 2011

How's about a little taste!

I could just barely see Julian as I stared through the distance between two of the goons. He was struggling to lift himself off the pavement. Blood was rushing down his forehead and was dripping to a small pool on the cement by his hand. He was grasping his ribcage and I could hear him wince with every movement. It looked like this was going to be up to me and only me. As I lifted the sword for another swipe I felt a hand quickly grab my throat. I struggled to break free and in the battle, the blade made a decent incision almost directly in the centre of the dark haired outlaws forehead. What? I was totally caught off guard and confused. There was something black running down his brow. It was nothing like any blood I had seen before. It was much thicker.

Each man flanking him grabbed for my arms. In the struggle the sword dropped and I was knocked to the ground by the bleeding (if you can call it that) perp. My arms were being pressed to the ground by the two others and the grip on my throat by the third was causing my vision the blur. The pain throbbing from the back of my head was beginning to creep down my shoulders. I could feel the small pebbles on the ground digging a decent imprint into my skin through my light green jumper. I was struggling as hard as I could.


In a sheer bout of luck I was able to break my left hand free. I started lashing out and grabbing for anything I could. I grabbed the thin mans wrist and struggled to yank him down to the ground. I heard a piercing scream and the man began to flail. I didn’t dare let go. The dark haired mans eyes widened and his grip broke loose. He threw himself back from me at the exact same time that the ginger haired thug released my right arm. I looked to the man on my left. I didn’t dare let go. I was astonished to see that the area I had in my grasp resembled a barbequed steak. There was burnt flesh on either side of my hand and he was writhing in agony and he seemed completely under my control. I struggled to keep hold of him while I got to my feet.

By the time my feet were firmly planted, the other two men were making their way down the block at an expedited rate. I still had hold of their friend. I was having a hard time piecing together what was happening and believing what my eyes were showing me. The captured man was on his knees with my hand clasping his wrist. His head lurched back and all of a sudden the air around me was completely full of a thick, black smoke. In shock, I let go of the mans arm and he fell to the ground and I struggled to escape the fog. In a brief second, the smoke appeared to be gathering into the loose form of a person. I could hardly believe what I was seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment